Published: Mon, April 01, 2013
The Philippine National Police has reported that this year's observance of the Holy Week has been generally peaceful.
PNP Director for Operations Alex Monteagudo says the PNP regional offices reported no major untoward incidents except for attacks by New People's Army rebels in Butuan on Friday.
Monteagudo said the protection plan for Holy Week will remain operational until Monday, as residual numbers of travelers are expected to still be on their way back to Manila.
Meanwhile, Police Chief Supt Generoso Cerbo, the PNP Spokesman, says more than 2,000 election gun ban violators have so far been apprehended, and more than 1,900 firearms confiscated as of Saturday last week.